Fairfield Memorial Hospital Designated As Cooling Center
Fairfield Memorial Hospital has been designated as a cooling center for residents in Wayne County. The hospital cafeteria will be opened from 7:00 am to 8:30 pm for people needing relief from the extreme heat. Ice water and ice tea will be available to all visitors. Fairfield Memorial Hospital will be the designated cooling center for the next five days or for as long as the temperatures remain in the triple digits.
Keeping Cool Tips Everyone
• Stay in air-conditioned space at home, or at a cooling center.
• Drink lots of water and natural juices.
• Keep shades drawn and blinds closed.
• Stay out of the sun and avoid going out in the heat.
• Keep electric lights off or turned down.
• Take cool baths or showers.
• Wear loose, light cotton clothing.
• Do not eat heavy meals. Avoid cooking with your oven.
• Do not sit in a hot car, even for a short time. Never leave a child in a hot car.
• Check on family members, friends and neighbors to make sure they stay cool and safe.
• If you or anyone you know needs emergency medical attention, call 911.