Functional Movement Screenings
Recommended for: Employers, Fitness Experts, Athletes and “Health Nuts”
What is your weakest link?
The FMS helps identify and eliminate your weakest link. FMS is a test performed by a Physical Therapist who takes you through a screening to assess your movement patterns. Scoring each motion identifies your weakest link; you will then know if you're compensating in a way that might be harmful to your body and result in future injury or pain.
What is a Functional Movement Screen?
An assessment used to indentify flaws in fundamental movement patterns. The FMS uses evidence to determine injury risk. Following the FMS, a report is generated that displays areas of weakness, asymmetry and an overall score. The therapist will provide a corrective exercise program based on these findings.
How do you benefit from a FMS?
- Identifies physical imbalances/weaknesses
- Provides patient with simple exercises to correct imbalances/weaknesses
- Teaches the difference between movement quality/movement quantity
- Teaches patient how to achieve better results with less effort
- Identifies current injury risk
- Explains how "primitive" movement can unlock physical restrictions
- Quickly, effectively, and efficiently replaces poor movements with good movements
- Establishes a personal benchmark for patient’s movement patterns
- Provides patient with a clear direction/path to become more mobile
*Correcting movement patterns, asymmetries and balance deficits creates a more solid foundation to aid in improving physical performance whether for work, play, or performance/competition.
*Anyone regardless of age or skill level will benefit from improving strength and balance.
*NO Doctor Order Required
What will it cost?
- $60 Initial Visit
- $30 Retest after 6 weeks (if patient wishes to track progress made)
To download the Functional Movement Screenings brochure, click here Coming Soon
Call FMH Therapy Services at 618-847-8256 to schedule your FMS today!