Occupational/Physical Performance Testing
What is an O/PPT?
An O/PPT is a resource to provide objective return to work information following an accident or injury. This test assists the practitioner in determining the patient’s ability to return to work and/or establishing work restrictions. Functional testing is performed to match the injured worker to their duties and essential functions of their specific job. This test requires a physician’s order.
Why order an O/PPT?
- Return to work status (including full duty, modified/transitional duty)
- Case settlement
- Disability status
Components of the O/PPT:
- Medical record review
- Musculoskeletal screening
- Physical ability testing
- Graded Strength Activities (lifting | carrying | pushing | pulling)
- Positional Tolerance Activities (standing | sitting | stooping)
- Mobility Activities (walking | crawling | climbing)
Physician Report Includes:
- Overall Functional Ability Level
- Physical Abilities Summary
- Consistency of Effort Information
- Job Match Information
- Recommendations, if requested
For more information on Occupational & Physical Performance Testing, call 618-847-8256
To download the Occupational/Physical Performance Testing flyer, click here