Fairfield Memorial Hospital is expanding its services to include a second Respiratory Illness Screening Clinic (RISC) tent in Carmi for anyone that has the signs and symptoms of a respiratory illness in order to allow the people in the City of Carmi and surrounding communities to be able to seek treatment for their respiratory illnesses only in a safe and convenient manner. In this Clinic, we will be able to provide screenings for influenza and other respiratory illnesses, to include COVID-19 if the patient meets the criteria. Criteria for COVID-19 includes: a temperature of 100.4°F or higher; shortness of breath/rapid breathing; new or worsening cough; or exposure to a person that has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
The Fairfield Memorial Hospital RISC Tent will be open 7 days a week, from 8am to 6pm and will be located in the parking lot of 1101 W. Main Street, Carmi, Illinois.
We want our patients and the communities we serve to know that we are taking all possible measures to be prepared in your time of need. We continue to see patients of all ages in our many different locations for all of your healthcare needs, not just the respiratory illnesses. Our locations include:
- Fairfield Memorial Hospital Main Campus, located at 303 NW 11th Street in Fairfield, open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for all of your emergent and non-emergent needs
- FMH Horizon Healthcare Clinic/Urgent Care, located at 213 NW 10th Street, Suite A, in Fairfield, open 7 days a week from 8am-8pm
- FMH Respiratory Illness Screening Clinic (RISC) Tent, located in the parking lot at 213 NW 10th Street, Suite A, in Fairfield, open 7 days a week from 8am-8pm
- FMH Horizon Healthcare Cisne Clinic, located at 413 Park Street in Cisne. Open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm
- FMH Horizon Healthcare Grayville Medical Clinic, located at 319 W. Commerce Street in Grayville. Open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm
“We want the community to rest assure that we are taking all precautionary measures to ensure that patients with respiratory illnesses are kept separated from non-respiratory illnesses, and in fact we are growing our services to help expand our coverage to patients. Everyone that comes to any of our locations is screened at the door for signs and symptoms of respiratory illness. Anyone that has these signs and symptoms are re-directed to the Respiratory Illness Screening Clinic Tent. Patients that call before arriving at our facility with possible respiratory illnesses are met at their car to help determine where they need to go to receive the best possible care for their situation. Patients should still feel comfortable to come in for their routine lab work, radiology exams, and physician appointments as we have designated clean and illness areas so the two do not co-mingle. Fairfield Memorial Hospital is dedicated to positively influencing the lives of those we serve and the addition of this tent allows us to expand our reach to those in need.” stated FMH CEO Katherine Bunting-Williams.